In 2018, five parishes in the city began a process to join together to better use their resources to minister to their parishioners and the wider world. In 2020, the new parish of Immanuel Anglican Church was created, with five individual congregations. Early in 2021, Immanuel became one congregation.
All Saints Parish began in 1959 on Hillsdale Street, in a portable building designed to hold 50 people. The congregation quickly outgrew the portable building.
A generous donation of land at 142 Massey Road, along with a building loan from the Diocese, resulted in the present home of All Saints church. The second building was a Butler building (a pre-engineered metal building) which served as a combined church and Parish Hall from 1961 to 1966. Construction on a permanent church building began in the spring of 1966 and was completed in November. Archbishop Michael Peers consecrated the new church building 16 years later, after the mortgage was paid. The Butler building served as parish hall until the current hall was built in 1991.
In addition to worship, All Saints has been involved in a wide range of activities dedicated to social justice and outreach, music and educational programs, caring ministries, as well as club and social activities covering all ages. In recent years, refugee co-sponsorship and PWRDF projects emerged as a vitally important part of its parish ministry.
The building in the Rosemont area was consecrated in 1957, but the parish had begun as a mission of St. Peter’s church in the 1920s. It separated from St. Peter in 1950, and in 1956 the building on Empress Street was the largest church building project in the diocese.
Recently St. James became a major sponsor of Regina Education and Action for Child Hunger (REACH), providing financial support as well as the use of their full kitchen. St. James has been very active in the World Day of Prayer, Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, an ecumenical neighbourhood Cross Walk on Good Friday, and supports refugees, Habitat for Humanity, the Transcona Housing Project, and other groups. Its members have been involved in many diocesan committees and groups.
The parish was formed in 1953, with the first services held in Lakeview School. Construction on the church hall began in 1954, and that two-storey building was used for worship until June 1963. The dramatic shape of the building was designed to use the triangular lot to its best advantage, with a swooping roof and illuminated cross the full height of the building.
Children and youth have been a priority for St. Luke. Over the years St. Luke has provided space for many youth activities like Scouts and Guides, hosted vacation bible schools, and in 2016 started a weekly Kids Club to have fun, develop relationships, and learn about Christian faith. For several years the parish hosted consignment sales of children’s clothing, which provided an important service to families in the city.
For many years, the congregation has generously supported a program to provide substantial Christmas hampers to those in need, most recently for 44 adults and 31 children.
The origins of St. Matthew began with a small wood frame structure to commemorate the life and work of Grace Broder, an avid Sunday School teacher and daughter of the esteemed George Broder, a land developer and pioneer on the prairies. The little white structure named Grace Church was consecrated in 1910. In 1913 the rectory (house), that stands today, was built. In 1915, a ‘basement church’ was built south of the rectory which became St. Matthew Anglican Church. The original Grace Church building became the church hall. A rich part of the history is an anonymous English mother who chose to commemorate the life and death of her only son who served in WW1, by donating funds to complete the building of the church. It was completed and furnished in 1926 and her solicitor from London, England, represented her at the dedication. The building was designated as a Municipal Heritage Property by the City of Regina in June 2005.
St. Philip grew from a conversation with a group from St. Matthew's in 1960 when there was a mission to create a new church to serve the expanding area in southeast Regina. Two lots were bought on Lacon Street. St. Philip started with a portable church in 1961 and later built a small A-frame church. The church grew to about 100 families. Despite success of the church, St. Philip knew they needed to change. In 2002 the congregation voted to sell the property on Lacon Street and move to enter into a partnership with Bread of Life Lutheran and Eastside United in an expanded facility on Doan Drive. In June 2004 St. Philip had its last service at the Lacon Street location and the congregation, including Bishop Duncan Wallace, walked to their new home carrying the cross where they were met by their two new partners.