What is Stewardship?
- Stewardship is a faithful response to Godâ€™s gifts and Godâ€™s mission by generously giving our time and energy, gifts and skills, witness and compassion as well as our financial resources.
- It is a commitment to share our common life in Christ.
- It means that we embody the gospel in acts of service, and to work for justice, peace, and the dignity of all persons.
- Stewardship is not just the challenge of servicing our own existence, programs, and practices.
Caring for our Church â€“ The 5 T's of Stewardship
- Time, Testimony, Treasure, Talent, and Tending to Creation are the 5 T's of Stewardship
- All 5 of the components of stewardship will be addressed over time as Immanuel settles and works toward its vision
- The areas of creation, our community, and our church will be the first 3 we tackle
- A communication plan is in the works, as we know that consistent and timely communications are key