Caring for our TIME
As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who
sent me. Night is coming, when no one
can work. (John
At Immanuel, Caring for our TIME is synonymous with Caring for our Community and includes Mission and Outreach activities as well as Pastoral Care activities
What can we do now?
- Immanuel Leadership has affirmed a commitment to ongoing refugee support through the Diocese of Qu'Appelle.
- With the large number of applications pending, we may be asked to help with donations of household goods and furnishings
- Plan for regular celebrations and gatherings of those we co-sponsor and build relationships (post-COVID)
- See our page dedicated to our Refugee Sponsorship HERE
- Promote PWRDF activities through our website and announcements
- See our page dedicated to PWRDF HERE
- Continue to promote donations to the food bank
- Continue the practice of more than 25 years of providing Christmas Hampers to those in need
What can we plan for the future?
- Plan educational and community events to learn more about the refugee crisis in the world
- Encourage sponsored refugees to speak during worship or at other events
- Expand the Christmas Hamper program to reach more needy families
- Resume Food Security programs when it is safe to do so - REACH, MUCH, St. Paul's Lunch program